Despite technological advancements, human error is still the major cause of incidents and accidents in Major Industry, from Oil, Gas and Petrochemical, to Aviation. Understanding the role of the human in our systems and processes, especially their strengths and weaknesses, is the last step to overcome in improving safety with the working environment.
Periculum Global is now able to offer complete services based on our vast experience and combined decades of experience, with our trusted advisor support and services to help develop, implement and enhance organisation-wide Human Factors (HF) and Error Management (HFEM) programmes . From the Initial and recurrent Human Factors training, policy and procedure development through to specialist areas such as Event Investigation and Review, our services are designed to help you move beyond compliance to achieve a high quality of performance.
Our highly experienced Investigators help your organisation understand and implement smart and effective methodologies to uncover the root causes of events so that appropriate interventions both at individual and organisational levels can be implemented to help reduce the likelihood of any re-occurrence.
How we can help
We can help you create an effective Human Factor & Error Management System which will enable you to:
- Improve risk-based decision-making capability with respect to human performance issues. Your system can provide greater visibility of hazards giving you the ability to assess and prioritise safety risk in context with other business risks.
- Proactively highlight ineffective or weak defences in your organisation which can then be managed cost-effectively in line with strategic safety performance goals.
- Enhance organisational resilience to the effects of human error. By undertaking behavioural-based interventions derived from effective investigations, you can reduce the likelihood of repeat occurrences.
- Design assessment tools to enable auditing of Human Factors topics against industry standards, e.g. HSE Human Factors Delivery Guide for COMAH Sites.
- Delve into your systems and processes to investigate actual work practices to identify risks and vulnerabilities.
- Generate reports detailing audit/assessment findings to highlight good practice and make recommendations to deliver improvements.
Mandated by EASA, Human Factors training is a must for all EASA Part 145 organisations and is also a vital consideration in an organisation’s Safety Management System. We have trained 100s of professionals in Human Factors over the years and implemented and successfully embedded Error Management Systems (EMS) across some of the world’s leading organisations.