DSE Assessments and Healthy Working
Prolonged use of computer workstations and display screen equipment (DSE) can lead to neck, shoulder, back or arm pain, along with stress, fatigue and temporary eyestrain.
These disorders can be avoided if regular DSE assessments are carried out, equipment is set up correctly and good practice is applied.
DSE assessments: the business benefits
As DSE is now one of the most commonly used types of work equipment, HSE introduced The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 to protect the health of those who work with DSE.
Proactively managing your organisation's DSE assessments with 'Healthy Working' and DSE Assessor training from Periculum Global helps not only to ensure that your business meets the requirements of the regulations, but also benefits your business by:
- Improving the health, wellbeing and morale of employees
- Sustaining productivity as a result of reduced sickness absence
- Minimising the likelihood of compensation claims for upper limb disorders (ULD)
- Reducing administration costs
- Encouraging positive behaviour and the adoption of DSE good practice
- Contributing to an improved organisational safety culture