Incident Investigation Services
Working in challenging and extreme conditions demands constant vigilance and risk awareness. Thorough investigation of emergencies and accidents can pinpoint causes and prevent further incidents.
Periculum Global has a long history of providing incident investigation services and laboratory investigations, and developing root causes methodologies.
Investigation of incidents and near misses is a key part of most company safety management systems and is a regulatory requirement for major hazard facilities. Incident investigations provide warnings that designs and operations may not be achieving the safety objectives assumed. Good investigation goes beyond immediate and basic technical causes to examine management systems root causes and safety barrier failures.
Periculum Global provides an independent investigation using experts familiar with major accident techniques, complex technologies, and difficult or challenging environments such as in Aerospace or Petro-chemical Environments. Periculum can offer:
- Investigation services (accident HAZOP, witness statements, timeline)
- Fire and explosion analysis, including mathematical modelling of complex phenomena
- Investigation training and methodology development
- Expert witness service.
- DNV GL BSCAT (Barrier Based Systematic Cause Analysis Technique)
- Tripod Beta
- Barrier Failure Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- TOP-SET Root cause Analysis
Accident investigation services are available from multiple locations through our Risk Advisory Services teams.